AAJA-Asia has more than 150 members working or freelancing in broadcast, print and online media. Our network stretches from Seoul and Tokyo, Beijing and Hong Kong, to Bangkok, Mumbai, Nepal and the Philippines.
You are not only supporting the goals and ideals of the Asian American Journalists Association in promoting fair and accurate news coverage, you are also committing yourself to a career that is built on challenges as well as friendships.
AAJA’s mission is four-fold:
- To provide a means of association and support among Asian American and Pacific Islander journalists.
- To provide encouragement, information, advice and scholarship assistance to Asian American and Pacific Islander students who aspire to professional journalism careers.
- To provide to the Asian American and Pacific Islander community an awareness of news media and an understanding of how to gain fair access.
- To research and point out when news media organizations stray from accuracy and fairness in the coverage of Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders.
AAJA membership is based on the calendar year, January to December, regardless of when dues are received.
Membership registration submitted today is good through December 31, 2017.
There are two ways to register for membership:
1. Click here to register online.
2. Contact AAJA directly for a membership application form, firstname.lastname@example.org.